Well, it’s that time of the year, to be thinking about wrapping up the semester and moving on. But I’ve really had a great time in this class though, so I thought I’d give you guys an introduction to some unforgettable characters. I’m going to miss these people. Even though admittedly, I’m not really close to everyone, and I probably won’t keep in touch with everyone, I’ll look back on this class with fond memories. A quote from Nicholas Sparks, a well-known novelist, sums it up perfectly:
“People come, people go – they’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past.”
Thanks for being in the chapter.
- Ian: Japanese major. Calm, relaxed guy. Graduates this spring. Very organized and mellow.
- Sheran: Asian studies major, math minor. Likes to help others. A very friendly person.
- Nina: Asian-American studies major. Nice person. Hard-working, ambitious and dedicated.
- Guillermo: International business + Chinese major. Relaxed and approachable person. Originally from Nicaragua. Knows a lot about global finance.
- Syu Wi: Passionate about travelling, both with others and solo. Exploring new places and learning cultures and languages from different backgrounds is her heartbeat. From Indonesia.
- Steven: Japanese major. Likes basketball.
- Adrian: Japanese major. Chill, entertaining guy. Plans to teach English abroad.
- Eric: Economics major. Originally from Korea. Interested in business. Works hard. Soft-spoken. Agreeable.
- Han: Japanese major, also originally from Korea. Very advanced in the major.
- Albert: Asian-American studies major. Formerly my building neighbor. Sarcastic and blunt.
- And lastly, Prof. Whittaker, who “got stuck with us” and never looked back. A fun teacher.
Syu Wi wrote this about me:
“She is fun, energetic, and smart. She helped me with my research paper such as giving me some opinions about my paper. We hang out 2x at dining hall after finished the class with Albert.”